Malaysia’s Transport Ministry has confirmed that a Singaporean supply vessel capsized and sank in Malaysian waters on Thursday, February 14.
The vessel Ocean Cooper 2 reportedly sank 3.8 nautical miles southeast of Johor at around 07:15 local time.
Jolly Rachel, an accompanying supply vessel, managed to rescue all three of Ocean Cooper 2’s crew.
No oil spills or injuries have been reported.
The Maritime Department of Malaysia has launched its investigation into the incident with assistance from the Maritime Port of Authority (MPA) of Singapore.
- Fomento Bulk Carriers takes delivery of 205,000DWT newbuild
- Jadestone Energy begins work on Montara well intervention campaign
- APL to launch Japan-Malaysia-Vietnam service
- Berge Bulk takes delivery of second 300,000DWT VLOC from GSI
- ST Engineering's new US subsidiary to perform ship upgrades, repairs