Seaway Offshore Cables, in cooperation with Subsea 7 US, has been awarded a contract for the turnkey engineering, procurement, installation, and commissioning works related to the inner array grid and export cable system of the Coastal Virginia Offshore Wind (CVOW) project by Ørsted Wind Power North America.
The CVOW farm is located approximately 43 kilometres off the coast of Virginia. The offshore wind farm consists of two 6MW wind turbine generators and is based on an inner array grid and export cable system of 33kV copper core submarine composite cables with a total length of up to 46 kilometres.
The submarine cable system shall be installed by Seaway Offshore Cables using the cable lay vessel Seaway Aimery and other dedicated in-house resources.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Philippines’ first missile-capable frigate to be launched on May 23
- Huangpu Wenchong delivers second of six 1,400TEU vessels to Containerships
- Jiangsu Hantong launches fourth 82,000DWT bulker for Oldendorff
- Viking wins Norwegian Police Service patrol boat contract
- New fireboat delivered to Rabun County, Georgia