McDermott International has been awarded a contract by Petrobras for a natural gas pipeline project in support of the Brazilian state-owned gas company’s Santos basin pre-salt field programme.
The contract covers the implementation of the ultra-shallow segment of the new Rota 3 gas export pipeline.
The scope of work includes design and detailed engineering, procurement, construction, and installation (EPCI) of 10 kilometres of a 24-inch rigid concrete coated pipeline from the already installed shallow water segment of this new pipeline system to the shore, including a horizontal directional drill, tie-in spools and pre-commissioning of the 10-kilometre pipeline.
Overall project management and engineering will be performed by McDermott’s team in Rio de Janeiro, with support from the Houston team.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Philippines’ first missile-capable frigate to be launched on May 23
- Huangpu Wenchong delivers second of six 1,400TEU vessels to Containerships
- Jiangsu Hantong launches fourth 82,000DWT bulker for Oldendorff
- Viking wins Norwegian Police Service patrol boat contract
- New fireboat delivered to Rabun County, Georgia