Maersk Drilling has entered into an agreement to sell the jack-up rig Mærsk Giant to an Australasian-based independent O&G operator.
The transaction is expected to close before the end of 2018.
Mærsk Giant was delivered in 1986 and is currently stacked in Esbjerg, Denmark. The new owner expects to use the rig for its Australasian operations.
- Maersk Drilling awarded Edison E&P contract for North Thekah field
- Maersk Valiant secures drilling contracts offshore Mexico
- Maersk Drilling completes sale of 1986-built jack-up
- Maersk Drilling rig to undergo conversion for low-emission operations
- Maersk Drilling awarded long-term contract for semi-submersible rig