Höegh LNG Holdings’ LNG carrier Höegh Esperanza has arrived at the Tianjin LNG Terminal in China and has started commissioning for FSRU operations.
Höegh Esperanza is currently serving a three-plus-one year FSRU/LNGC time charter with CNOOC Gas and Power Trading and Marketing. Under the contract, the vessel will be utilised in FSRU mode for a minimum period each year, with the balance of the year in LNG carrier mode and/or FSRU mode.
Höegh Esperanza was delivered from Hyundai Heavy Industries in April 2018 and entered the contract with CNOOC in June 2018. The FSRU has both open and closed loop regasification capability, an import capacity of around six million tonnes of LNG per year, and storage capacity of 170,000 cubic metres of LNG. It is equipped with a GTT Mark III membrane containment system and dual-fuel diesel-electric propulsion.
- Jiangsu Hantong launches fifth 82,000DWT bulker for Oldendorff
- Jiangsu Zhenjiang delivers ice-class tug to Tangshan operator
- Chinese longliner catches fire off Tuvalu
- Indian pilot project seeks to prove feasibility of LNG-fueled fishing boats
- Caspian Offshore Construction takes delivery of Damen ice-class tug