Turkey’s Cemre Shipyard has launched Wind of Change, a new windfarm maintenance vessel for Louis Dreyfus Armateurs (LDA).
The vessel will be dedicated to the maintenance of the offshore windfarms operated by Ørsted of Denmark.
Wind of Change has an LOA of 83 metres, a width of 19.4 metres, a moulded depth of seven metres, and a design draught of five metres. It has accommodations for 90 personnel including more than 60 windfarm technicians.
Final delivery of the vessel is expected in early 2019. It will be operated by LDA for Ørsted on the wind farms of Borkum Riffgrund 1 and 2 and Gode Wind 1 and 2 off Germany and will allow maintenance of wind turbines by technicians.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Two more charged in deadly Missouri duck boat sinking
- Onezhsky Shipbuilding launches Project 3265 buoy tender
- Mermaid Maritime secures US$65 million loan facility for financing of DSV pair
- Apache North Sea awards second contract extension for Esvagt Observer
- Alaska's largest ferry to be taken out of service