Jan De Nul has signed a contract for the construction of Northwester 2, the seventh wind farm off the Belgian coast.
Jan De Nul will be responsible for the design, construction and installation of 23 foundations, the transportation and installation of the cables and the transportation and installation of the wind turbines on top of the foundations.
The Northwester 2 wind farm will be located 48 kilometres off the coast and will utilise 164-metre-diameter wind turbines.
Work will begin in June 2019.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- VESSEL REVIEW | Raju – Estonia’s new pollution-combating hybrid patrol ship
- VESSEL REVIEW | Kingston – Versatile Damen CSD for South Australian council
- VESSEL REVIEW | Bona Fide – Shrimps beware
- VESSEL REVIEW | 455298 – High-spec police landing craft for remote Australia
- VESSEL REVIEW | Anse Bleue and Cap Salomon – France looks east to serve west