Jan De Nul has signed a contract for the construction of Northwester 2, the seventh wind farm off the Belgian coast.
Jan De Nul will be responsible for the design, construction and installation of 23 foundations, the transportation and installation of the cables and the transportation and installation of the wind turbines on top of the foundations.
The Northwester 2 wind farm will be located 48 kilometres off the coast and will utilise 164-metre-diameter wind turbines.
Work will begin in June 2019.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Future amphibious assault ship USS Tripoli completes builder's trials
- South Korean bulker boarded by pirates in South China Sea
- Saipem tapped to build wind farm offshore Saudi Arabia
- Hapag Lloyd, ONE to launch Middle East-India-Africa service
- Taiwan's first locally-built windfarm barge sails on maiden voyage