Jan De Nul has signed a contract for the construction of Northwester 2, the seventh wind farm off the Belgian coast.
Jan De Nul will be responsible for the design, construction and installation of 23 foundations, the transportation and installation of the cables and the transportation and installation of the wind turbines on top of the foundations.
The Northwester 2 wind farm will be located 48 kilometres off the coast and will utilise 164-metre-diameter wind turbines.
Work will begin in June 2019.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Belgium orders new research vessel
- VESSEL REVIEW | Klara 1 – High quality for high pressure times
- VESSEL REVIEW | Fathom – Canadian resort's new taxi/tourist boat
- VESSEL REVIEW | Raiymbek Batyr – Part of a six-vessel tug fleet for Khazakstan
- VLCC equipped with sail propulsion system completes sea trials