DOF Subsea has taken delivery of newbuild pipelay support vessel (PLSV) Skandi Recife in Brazil.
Built by Vard Promar in Brazil, the 139.9-metre by 28-metre Skandi Recife will work with Petrobras on the Campos, Santos and Espírito Santos basins.
The 10,800DWT vessel is specifically designed to undertake installation of umbilicals, flexible flowlines and risers in Brazil, but is also capable of construction and pipe laying, inspection, repair and maintenance (IRM) and remotely operated underwater vehicle (ROV) services in water depths of up to 2,500 metres.
Owned by a joint venture between DOF Subsea and oilfield services provider TechnipFMC, the PLSV is equipped with a 340-tonne Huisman pipelay system, a 50-tonne knuckle boom crane, a subsea knuckle boom crane, and a 2,500-tonne flex-pipe storage basket for the vessel.
A sister vessel, Skandi Olinda, is scheduled for delivery in the first quarter of 2019.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Philippines to order two more warships from South Korean builder
- DPIRD conducts Gascoyne pink snapper fishery protection patrols
- US firm approves NOK 2.3 billion loan for new wind farm for O&G platforms
- Death toll in Bay of Bengal vessel fire climbs to three
- Team RB-M consortium delivers response boat pair for Jordanian navy