Louis Dreyfus Armateurs Group (LDA) has placed an order with Turkey’s Cemre Shipyard for a new wind farm service operation vessel (SOV).
Designed by Salt Ship Design, the vessel will operate on four wind farms off the German coast after LDA signed a partnership with Dong Energy Wind Power.
Powered by diesel-electric propulsion, the 83-metre by 19.4-metre DP2 vessel will accommodate up to 90 people, including more than 60 wind farm technicians.
It will feature individual cabins, gym and a cinema.
It also has a daughter craft for crew transfer to the wind turbines with a capacity of eight technicians and one tonne of cargo. It features a motion-compensated gangway (19-metre range) and a motion-compensated crane (one tonne at 23 metres).
Meyer Werft lays keel of fourth Breakaway Plus class ship
Cemre launches double-ended Ro-Pax for Fjord1
in Ro-Pax World
- Cemre to build trawler pair for Atlantic Dawn Group
Sea Cloud Cruises to introduce newest tall ship in 2020
- Boskalis wins export cable installation contract for Ostwind 2 grid connections
Latest from Baird Maritime
- VESSEL REVIEW | 455298 – High-spec police landing craft for remote Australia
- VESSEL REVIEW | Anse Bleue and Cap Salomon – France looks east to serve west
- VESSEL REVIEW | Njord Zenith – BMT’s new crewboat for Njord Offshore
- Australia set to stop northern summer sheep exports
- VESSEL REVIEW | Sea Express II – SeaCat Ships’ new 29-metre Caribbean eco-ferry