Subsea 7 has been awarded a contract by BP Exploration for the provision of subsea inspection, maintenance and repair services on the Azeri-Chirag-Gunashli and Shah Deniz fields, offshore Azerbaijan.
The contract is worth between $US150 million and US$300 million.
Under the five-year agreement that begins this month, Subsea 7 will provide a life-of-field support vessel with work-class and observation-class remotely operated vehicles capable of performing inspection, survey, intervention, light subsea construction, surface diving and emergency response services.
The vessel will be supported by a Baku-based onshore project management and engineering team.
Additional specialist support will be provided from i-Tech Services’ operations centre at Aberdeen.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- VESSEL REVIEW | Raju – Estonia’s new pollution-combating hybrid patrol ship
- VESSEL REVIEW | Kingston – Versatile Damen CSD for South Australian council
- VESSEL REVIEW | Bona Fide – Shrimps beware
- VESSEL REVIEW | 455298 – High-spec police landing craft for remote Australia
- VESSEL REVIEW | Anse Bleue and Cap Salomon – France looks east to serve west