Wison Offshore and Marine has completed the final delivery of the world’s first barge-based floating LNG storage and re-gasification unit (FSRU) to Belgian company Exmar.
The FSRU barge, constructed at Wison Nantong's shipyard, features an LNG storage capacity of 25,000 cubic metres and a re-gasification capacity of 600 million standard cubic feet per day (MMSCFD).
It is the first FSRU project undertaken by a Chinese company on an engineering, procurement and construction basis.
This barge-based FSRU serves as a flexible LNG receiving solution that delivers considerable reductions in capital expenditure and construction time.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Philippines to order two more warships from South Korean builder
- DPIRD conducts Gascoyne pink snapper fishery protection patrols
- US firm approves NOK 2.3 billion loan for new wind farm for O&G platforms
- Death toll in Bay of Bengal vessel fire climbs to three
- Team RB-M consortium delivers response boat pair for Jordanian navy