A video of a near collision between a Russian destroyer and US Navy cruiser has been released by the US Navy.
It’s unclear where the incident occurred. Russia says the encounter happened in the East China Sea, but the US says the two ships were in the Philippine Sea.
While Russia claims the US warship was responsible for the near collision, a picture taken by a US military aircraft reportedly shows that the Russian destroyer Admiral Viongradov deliberately manoeuvred towards USS Chancersville.
Russia bans Norwegian cruise ship from sailing through Arctic waters
- Builder's trials begin for Russia's new Project 636.3 sub
- US cruise missile submarine Ohio completes 27-month refit
- Research ship Akademik Alexandrov begins acceptance trials
- Yet to be commissioned US Coast Guard cutter seizes US$64 million in drugs
Latest from The Australian Strategic Policy Institute
- Non-operational Tupi-class subs to transfer from Brazil to Argentina
- UAE reports multi-ship "sabotage" following US warnings
- Australia investigates navy contract padding for Adelaide class
- Former JMSDF commander warns of Chinese sub plan for Senkaku Islands
- Additional naval vessels promised during Australian election season