The US Coast Guard commissioned the Sentinel-class fast response cutter (FRC) Joseph Doyle into service on Saturday, June 8.
Built by Bollinger Shipyards, the vessel is the 33rd FRC to be delivered to the coast guard and the seventh to be homeported in Puerto Rico.
Joseph Doyle has a length of 154 feet (46.8 metres), a beam of 26.6 feet (8.11 metres), and two MTU 5,800hp (4,300kW) diesel engines that deliver a speed of 28 knots. The vessel is armed with a 25-millimetre autocannon and four 12.7-millimetre machine guns.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Two more charged in deadly Missouri duck boat sinking
- Onezhsky Shipbuilding launches Project 3265 buoy tender
- Mermaid Maritime secures US$65 million loan facility for financing of DSV pair
- Apache North Sea awards second contract extension for Esvagt Observer
- Alaska's largest ferry to be taken out of service