The keel for the future USNS John Lewis, the US Navy’s first John Lewis-class fleet replenishment oiler, was laid at General Dynamics National Steel and Shipbuilding Company (NASSCO) on Monday, May 13.
The ship honours US congressman and civil rights leader John Lewis, who was also present at the keel-laying ceremony.
Delivery of John Lewis is scheduled for late 2020.
- Sredne-Nevsky lays keel of seventh Project 12700 minesweeper
- PSV delivered to Seacor and COSCO joint venture
- Heerema to provide T&I services for largest offshore wind farm in US
- Höegh LNG executes 18-month interim time charter with Cheniere
- COLUMN | McDermott International acquisition “spent $16 million on hookers” in Colombian corruption claim [Offshore Accounts]