A decommissioned US Coast Guard Hamilton-class cutter that has been turned over to the Sri Lankan government arrived at the Port of Colombo on Sunday, May 12.
The ex-USCGC Sherman, which was formally handed over by the United States in August 2018, is slated to be commissioned into service with the Sri Lankan Navy at an undisclosed later time.
At 155 metres long, the vessel will become the largest ship in the Sri Lankan fleet upon entering service.
- PSV delivered to Seacor and COSCO joint venture
- Heerema to provide T&I services for largest offshore wind farm in US
- Höegh LNG executes 18-month interim time charter with Cheniere
- COLUMN | McDermott International acquisition “spent $16 million on hookers” in Colombian corruption claim [Offshore Accounts]
- Drug-running submersible seized following high-speed chase