Huntington Ingalls Industries’ (HII) Ingalls Shipbuilding division delivered the Legend-class cutter Midgett to the US Coast Guard on Wednesday, May 1.
The eighth National Security Cutter to be delivered by HII to the coast guard, Midgett has a length of 378 feet (115 metres), a beam of 42 feet (13 metres), a draught of 18 feet (5.5 metres), and a speed of 29 knots.
The vessel honours the hundreds of members of the Midgett family who have served in the US Coast Guard and its predecessor services. At least 10 members of the family earned high honours from the coast guard for their lifesaving deeds.
Midgett is scheduled for commissioning later this year.
- PSV delivered to Seacor and COSCO joint venture
- Heerema to provide T&I services for largest offshore wind farm in US
- Höegh LNG executes 18-month interim time charter with Cheniere
- HSL delivers fourth of six tugs in series to Indian Navy
- COLUMN | McDermott International acquisition “spent $16 million on hookers” in Colombian corruption claim [Offshore Accounts]