Thales and the Royal Navy have begun conducting trials of Apollo, a new unmanned surface vehicle (USV) that will be equipped with minehunting technology.
Thales claims the USV will be able to autonomously detect, classify, and dispose of mines and bombs at sea.
Apollo can also be programmed to avoid obstacles or other vessels operating in the same waters.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Pakistani sailors rescued from burning tanker anchored off Lagos
- Svitzer Australia christens newest tug
- Damen, Van Wijngaarden sign workboat contract
- Austal delivers fourth Guardian-class patrol boat to Australian Department of Defence
- Neptune Marine delivers ice-class multi-purpose tug to Beluga Projects Logistic