Kership, a joint venture of Piriou and Naval Group, has delivered the final one of four B2M or D’Entrecasteaux-class multi-mission ships to the French Navy.
Named Dumont d’Urville, the vessel has a length of 65 metres, a beam of 14 metres, a draught of 4.2 metres, a full load displacement of 2,300 tonnes, a speed of 15 knots, and a crew of 20. Armament includes two 7.62-millimetre light machine guns.
The vessel will operate out of Fort-de-France in Martinique.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- BP oil rig voyage to North Sea repeatedly hindered by protesters
- VESSEL REVIEW | Ada Clara – Ultra-luxurious multi-role fishing vessel for Western Australia
- Burnham-on-Sea RNLI christens newest lifeboat
- Wight Shipyard launches new windfarm support vessel series
- Matson christens first Kanaloa-class Con-Ro