Socarenam has delivered Mistral, the final one of four patrol boats in a series designed by Mauric and ordered by the French Directorate-General of Customs and Indirect Taxes.
The vessel has a length of 28.1 metres, a beam of seven metres, a displacement of approximately 100 tonnes, capacity for 12 passengers and crew, and two 1,190kW diesel engines delivering a maximum speed of 22 knots. It can also carry machine gun armament as well as a rigid hull inflatable boat (RHIB) for boardings and inspections.
Mistral joins sisters Libecciu, Cers, and Vent d’Amont, which were delivered between September 2017 and May 2018.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Future amphibious assault ship USS Tripoli completes builder's trials
- South Korean bulker boarded by pirates in South China Sea
- Saipem tapped to build wind farm offshore Saudi Arabia
- Hapag Lloyd, ONE to launch Middle East-India-Africa service
- Taiwan's first locally-built windfarm barge sails on maiden voyage