Fincantieri recently held a steel-cutting ceremony for the first of two offshore patrol vessels (OPVs) ordered from the company by the Qatari Ministry of Defence.
The vessel will have a length of 63 metres, a width of 9.2 metres, a maximum speed of 30 knots, and a crew of 38.
The OPV will also be able to launch and recover a rigid hull inflatable boat (RHIB) through a crane located at the stern.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Two more charged in deadly Missouri duck boat sinking
- Onezhsky Shipbuilding launches Project 3265 buoy tender
- Mermaid Maritime secures US$65 million loan facility for financing of DSV pair
- Apache North Sea awards second contract extension for Esvagt Observer
- Alaska's largest ferry to be taken out of service