Navantia has unveiled its bid for the Dutch future submarine programme that seeks to select suitable replacements for the Royal Netherlands Navy’s 1990s-era Walrus-class ships.
The company has proposed a variant of the Spanish Navy’s new S-80-class submarines which are due to enter service beginning in 2022.
Navantia’s proposed design will have the same basic configuration as those of the S-80-class ships but with features and capabilities that will be better suited to Dutch requirements.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Octomar takes delivery of Damen CTV
- Irving Shipbuilding to build AOPS pair for Canadian Coast Guard
- One killed, four injured in South Korean warship docking mishap
- Carnival cruise ship rescues distressed mariner from sinking boat in Mexican waters
- Indobaruna’s newest cement carrier launched at Fukuoka Shipbuilding