The future littoral combat ship (LCS) USS Cincinnati has concluded acceptance trials in the Gulf of Mexico following a series of in-port and underway demonstrations for the US Navy’s Board of Inspection and Survey.
Following delivery and commissioning, the future Cincinnati will join nine Independence-class sister ships already homeported in San Diego.
The ship is the 10th Independence-class LCS to be built for the navy by Austal USA.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Philippines’ first missile-capable frigate to be launched on May 23
- Huangpu Wenchong delivers second of six 1,400TEU vessels to Containerships
- Jiangsu Hantong launches fourth 82,000DWT bulker for Oldendorff
- Viking wins Norwegian Police Service patrol boat contract
- New fireboat delivered to Rabun County, Georgia