The Papua New Guinea Defence Force has commissioned its first Guardian-class patrol boat, HMPNGS Ted Diro.
Built by Austal, the vessel is named after Edward Ramu "Ted" Diro, the first commander of the post-independence Papua New Guinea Defence Force.
Ted Diro has a length of 39.5 metres, a width of eight metres, a draught of 2.5 metres, and a speed of 20 knots.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Octomar takes delivery of Damen CTV
- Irving Shipbuilding to build AOPS pair for Canadian Coast Guard
- One killed, four injured in South Korean warship docking mishap
- Carnival cruise ship rescues distressed mariner from sinking boat in Mexican waters
- Indobaruna’s newest cement carrier launched at Fukuoka Shipbuilding