Naval Group and Royal IHC have signed an agreement to become core partners in a bid for the Netherlands submarine replacement project.
If selected, Naval Group would co-operate closely with the Dutch authorities on the design while Royal IHC would be appointed to perform construction and outfitting of the submarines.
The partnership is set to review possible building sites in the Netherlands in the coming months.
The replacement project seeks to select a new class of diesel-electric submarines to replace all four of the Royal Netherlands Navy’s 1990s-built Walrus-class ships by 2025.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Octomar takes delivery of Damen CTV
- Irving Shipbuilding to build AOPS pair for Canadian Coast Guard
- One killed, four injured in South Korean warship docking mishap
- Carnival cruise ship rescues distressed mariner from sinking boat in Mexican waters
- Indobaruna’s newest cement carrier launched at Fukuoka Shipbuilding