The Hellenic Coast Guard has apprehended a drug-carrying vessel in the waters off Crete.
The tug Andreas L was found to be carrying an estimated 6.5 tonnes of cannabis and pills made of the prohibited stimulant Fenethylline.
No other details of the ongoing investigation have yet been provided.
This is Andreas L’s second encounter with Greek authorities. An earlier encounter on December 6, 2017, saw the tug and its crew of six apprehended for transporting 10 tonnes of hashish.
- Drugs seized on navy training ship in Montenegro
- US Coast Guard detains Canadian national for drug trafficking at sea
- TMS Cardiff Gas signs long-term charter with Vitol
- Cargo ship carrying US$51 million worth of drugs seized in Ukraine
- US authorities seize boat carrying over two tonnes of drugs off Central America