US builder Vigor has begun construction of a fifth Response Boat - Medium C (RB-M C) for its long-time customer, the New York Police Department Harbor Unit. The vessel will be fabricated at Vigor Ballard (formerly Kvichak Marine) in the Seattle metro area with delivery expected in November.
The RB-M C is the commercial variant of the Response Boat - Medium (RB-M) designed by Vigor in partnership with Camarc Design for high speed and high performance, including tactical handling and specialised mission capabilities for the US Coast Guard. To date, 174 RB-Ms have been delivered to the coast guard. The commercial variant offers more crew comfort and amenities than the RB-M while maintaining the capabilities needed for maritime security.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Vympel launches first of four patrol boats in series for Russian border guard
- PGS, TGS begin Jeanne d'Arc HD3D survey offshore Canada
- Italian joint venture acquires majority stake in Greece's Zouros
- Onezhsky Shipbuilding delivers hopper barge to Rosmorport
- ST Marine Support's newest multi-purpose workboat launched