BMT has been awarded a contract to support the Royal Thai Navy’s (RTN) new midget submarine programme.
BMT has been contracted to recommend submarine-specific engineering management best practices to help the RTN minimise risk during the design phase.
The contract was signed in September and is set for completion in the first quarter of 2019.
This is the first government defence contract won by BMT in Thailand.
- Newbuild frigate delivered to Royal Thai Navy
VESSEL REVIEW | Sea Express II – SeaCat Ships’ new 29-metre Caribbean eco-ferry
- Thai authorities retrieve tourist boat involved in fatal sinking
- FEATURE | Caught in the net: slavery on Southeast Asian seas
- BMT unveils new water taxi vessel designs for Hong Kong
Latest from Baird Maritime
- VESSEL REVIEW | Kayleigh N – New lobster boat refines a previous build
- VESSEL REVIEW | Raju – Estonia’s new pollution-combating hybrid patrol ship
- VESSEL REVIEW | Kingston – Versatile Damen CSD for South Australian council
- VESSEL REVIEW | Bona Fide – Shrimps beware
- VESSEL REVIEW | 455298 – High-spec police landing craft for remote Australia