The Maine Marine Patrol, a maritime police service in the US State of Maine, recently took delivery of Impact, a 9.44-metre vessel designed for fisheries and recreational boating enforcement and maritime security.
Powered by twin 260kW motors and capable of speeds of more than 50 knots, Impact will be stationed at the South Portland Coast Guard facility.
The boat, built by Brunswick Commercial and Government Products, was purchased with a grant of US$59,915 from the Maine Outdoor Heritage Fund and a grant of US$241,305 from the Federal Emergency Management Agency's (FEMA) Port Security Grant Program.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- VESSEL REVIEW | SST Grizzly and SST Orca – Escort tug beasts for British Columbia
- FEATURE | BIMCO: Maritime powers need to deploy in Gulf of Guinea
- FEATURE | US container imports break records but uncertainty lies ahead
- FEATURE | Battle for the supply chain to aide container supply-demand balance
- VESSEL REVIEW | Harald – Flexible landing craft for Stockholm archipelago