Vympel Shipbuilding launched a border patrol boat under Project 1496M1 at its facilities in Rybinsk on Thursday, October 11.
This is the second in a series of five boats that Vympel is building for the Border Service of Russia’s Federal Security Service.
The new Project 1496M1 boat will undergo acceptance tests in the Black Sea.
COLUMN | Broken ice, broken dreams [Offshore Accounts]
- Wuchang Shipbuilding launches submersible mothership
- Eastern Shipbuilding launches new escort/rescue tug for McAllister Towing
- Pakistan Navy’s newest survey ship launched
- Baltic Workboats floats out first of three patrol vessels for German customs service
Latest from Baird Maritime
- VESSEL REVIEW | Raju – Estonia’s new pollution-combating hybrid patrol ship
- VESSEL REVIEW | Kingston – Versatile Damen CSD for South Australian council
- VESSEL REVIEW | Bona Fide – Shrimps beware
- VESSEL REVIEW | 455298 – High-spec police landing craft for remote Australia
- VESSEL REVIEW | Anse Bleue and Cap Salomon – France looks east to serve west