The US Navy’s next Independence-class littoral combat ship (LCS) will be named USS Santa Barbara (LCS 32).
The future USS Santa Barbara is named in honour of Santa Barbara, California and is the third ship to bear the name.
The LCS will be built by Austal USA in Mobile, Alabama. It will be 128.32 metres long with a width of 31.6 metres and be capable of operating at speeds in excess of 40 knots.
- Saudi Arabian Military Industries launches joint venture with Navantia
- Construction begins on new research vessel for Oregon State University
- US Navy commissions expeditionary fast transport Puerto Rico
- Ares Shipyard awarded contract for Royal Oman Police patrol boats
- German shipping company pleads guilty in US court for “magic pipe” oil discharges