The French Ministry of Finance has contracted OCEA Shipbuilding to build new customs patrol boats for operations in the West Indies.
The contract awarded in early September covers the construction and delivery of one fast patrol boat plus an option for one more.
Each vessel will have an LOA of 31.2 metres, a speed of 27 knots, and space for a crew of ten plus six passengers.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- VESSEL REVIEW | 455298 – High-spec police landing craft for remote Australia
- VESSEL REVIEW | Anse Bleue and Cap Salomon – France looks east to serve west
- VESSEL REVIEW | Njord Zenith – BMT’s new crewboat for Njord Offshore
- Australia set to stop northern summer sheep exports
- VESSEL REVIEW | Sea Express II – SeaCat Ships’ new 29-metre Caribbean eco-ferry