The German Navy frigate Schleswig-Holstein was underway in the Baltic Sea when a fire broke out on board at approximately 20:00 local time on September 17.
The crew managed to quickly bring the fire under control and extinguish it.
Schleswig-Holstein then immediately returned to her homeport in Kiel to undergo repairs prior to going out to sea again within this week.
Ten sailors were treated at various hospitals for smoke inhalation.
Initial reports state the fire originated from an electrical control panel.
- Cargo ships collide in North Sea
- Israeli PM’s lawyer faces possible indictment for bribery charges in submarine deal
- German shipping company pleads guilty in US court for “magic pipe” oil discharges
- Philippine maritime school christens training vessel
- German crane vessel damaged while loading monopile