The Indonesian Navy fast missile boat KRI Rencong sank in the waters of Sorong, West Papua, on the afternoon of September 11.
A navy official said the 50-metre vessel was out on patrol when it caught fire some 32 kilometres from shore.
All 37 crew members were rescued without injury.
Rencong was one of four Mandau-class patrol boats delivered to the Indonesian Navy by Korea Tacoma Marine Industries in 1979 and 1980.
- Fire breaks out on Indonesian bulk carrier
- Illegal foreign fishing vessel apprehended west of Darwin in waters off coast of Western Australia
- Timar Suplindo charters Telford Offshore’s multi-purpose construction vessel in Indonesia
- Pertamina PSV finds suspected debris of Lion Air flight JT610
- McDermott begins fabrication for Tyra Redevelopment Project