The Swedish Navy’s HSwMS Gotland is set to be relaunched following a series of mid-life upgrades to the submarine.
Mid-life upgrades and refurbishments were performed on the vessel by Kockums Naval Solutions, a subsidiary of the Saab Group.
Upgrades included integrating a Stirling Engine, modern sensors and new management functions.
The relaunch ceremony will take place in Karlskrona on June 20.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Pakistani sailors rescued from burning tanker anchored off Lagos
- Svitzer Australia christens newest tug
- Damen, Van Wijngaarden sign workboat contract
- Austal delivers fourth Guardian-class patrol boat to Australian Department of Defence
- Neptune Marine delivers ice-class multi-purpose tug to Beluga Projects Logistic