The 28th Chinese naval escort taskforce visited Ghana, marking the first time Chinese naval ships have visited the country.
Guided-missile frigates Yancheng and Weifang, and supply ship Taihu, arrived at the Port of Tema on June 4 on a four-day visit.
The taskforce’s commanders will meet with Ghanaian military and government officials while sailors will hold exchange activities with Ghanaian forces.
Latest from The Australian Strategic Policy Institute
- UAE reports multi-ship "sabotage" following US warnings
- Australia investigates navy contract padding for Adelaide class
- Former JMSDF commander warns of Chinese sub plan for Senkaku Islands
- Additional naval vessels promised during Australian election season
- China complains about French, US FON operations