The 28th Chinese naval escort taskforce visited Ghana, marking the first time Chinese naval ships have visited the country.
Guided-missile frigates Yancheng and Weifang, and supply ship Taihu, arrived at the Port of Tema on June 4 on a four-day visit.
The taskforce’s commanders will meet with Ghanaian military and government officials while sailors will hold exchange activities with Ghanaian forces.
Latest from The Australian Strategic Policy Institute
- Iran conducts 100-warship naval exercise in Strait of Hormuz
- RIMPAC highlights US "amphibious readiness gap"
- USA: Closing of Strait of Hormuz would "demand an international response"
- Russia marks Navy Day with 26-warship fleet expansion announcement
- China donates frigate to Sri Lanka, trains military