Exercise Baltic Operations (BALTOPS) kicked off in the Baltic Sea on June 1, and will run for two weeks.
The 46th iteration of the premier maritime-focused exercise in the Baltic region brings together 16 participating nations and will involve around 5,000 personnel, 60 aircraft, and 43 ships and submarines.
The exercise will focus on interoperability in air defence, anti-subsurface warfare, maritime interdiction, mine countermeasures and amphibious operations.
Latest from The Australian Strategic Policy Institute
- US/Russian navy near-collision causes spat
- Non-operational Tupi-class subs to transfer from Brazil to Argentina
- UAE reports multi-ship "sabotage" following US warnings
- Australia investigates navy contract padding for Adelaide class
- Former JMSDF commander warns of Chinese sub plan for Senkaku Islands