The Qatar Emiri Naval Forces have placed an order for two cadet training ships (CTS) from Istanbul-based shipbuilder Anadolu Shipyard in Turkey.
Capable of performing offshore patrol duties, the 90-metre vessels will displace 1,950 tonnes and feature a helipad for a medium-size helicopter.
Highlighted by practical and theoretical training facilities for cadets and instructors, the vessels are scheduled to be delivered within 36 months.
They will be capable of hosting combat management and weapon training.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- VESSEL REVIEW | Raju – Estonia’s new pollution-combating hybrid patrol ship
- VESSEL REVIEW | Kingston – Versatile Damen CSD for South Australian council
- VESSEL REVIEW | Bona Fide – Shrimps beware
- VESSEL REVIEW | 455298 – High-spec police landing craft for remote Australia
- VESSEL REVIEW | Anse Bleue and Cap Salomon – France looks east to serve west