Spanish shipbuilder Freire Shipyards has been contracted to build a new fisheries surveillance patrol vessel for Kuwait’s marine surveillance department.
The 42-metre patrol vessel is scheduled to be delivered in the fourth quarter of 2019.
The vessel will be used to spot illegal fishing activity, support other patrol boats and to carry out search-and-rescue operations.
Powered by two 2,880kW engines and fixed-pitch propellers, the vessel will be capable of reaching speeds of more than 30 knots.
She will accommodate 16 crew members and have a seven-metre rigid hull inflatable boat located aft with transom gates.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Awilco orders second semi-submersible drilling rig from Keppel FELS
- Jiangsu Zhenjiang cuts steel for seven tugs for COSCO Shipping Bulk
- Royal IHC to build second TSHD for National Marine Dredging Company
- McDermott awarded Middle East offshore EPCI contract
- Topaz and BP sign contract extension for 12 vessels