Lagos-based private maritime security firm Homeland Integrated Offshore Services has taken delivery of another Damen patrol vessel for operations in the offshore oil fields in the Gulf of Guinea.
Guardian 4 has joined its three sister ships in providing security services to the oil majors active in Nigeria’s territorial waters, together with support services including crew transfers and equipment deliveries.
The vessel has a top speed of 30 knots, and rapid acceleration and excellent seakeeping according to Damen. Carrying up to 16 personnel (in 15 seats) and their equipment, it includes an armoured wheelhouse and internal safe haven.
Additional equipment includes a fast rescue craft, FuelTrax electronic fuel monitoring system and a self-cleaning fuel separator.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Two more charged in deadly Missouri duck boat sinking
- Onezhsky Shipbuilding launches Project 3265 buoy tender
- Mermaid Maritime secures US$65 million loan facility for financing of DSV pair
- Apache North Sea awards second contract extension for Esvagt Observer
- Alaska's largest ferry to be taken out of service