TDI-Brooks International has completed a geophysical and geotechnical campaign for Trident Equatorial Guinea in the Elon field off the coast of Equatorial Guinea.
The site survey work was performed off Proteus, a research vessel owned and operated by TDI-Brooks.
The goal was to assess seabed conditions prior to the emplacement of a drilling rig at three proposed locations (previously drilled) together with reconnaissance survey work at two additional platforms and along a number of proposed cable/pipeline routes.
Survey objectives included the following:
- Undertake a debris clearance survey (DCS) at each of the locations.
- Identify and establish areal nature of the previous spud can footprints.
- Establish the nature of the shallow soils, within the top five metres and to a depth of more than 20 to 25 metres.
- Acquire deep CPT data at over 20 metres at two locations.
- Acquire representative data at nominal proposed relief well locations (RWL).
- Reconnaissance of existing platforms and along proposed routes (single lines).
The best maritime site on the web. The sea's our scene!