Van Oord has exercised an option for a third trailing suction hopper dredger (TSHD) in a series from Singaporean shipbuilder Keppel FELS.
The 138- by 28-metre dredger will have a total installed power of 14,500 kW, a hopper capacity of 10,500 cubic metres, and accommodations for 22 people. Dredging equipment will consist of a suction pipe with a submerged dredge pump and two shore discharge dredge pumps.
Delivery of the yet unnamed third TSHD is scheduled for 2022, one year after the expected delivery of sister vessels Vox Ariane and Vox Apolonia.
- Teledyne awarded US Navy contract to supply AUVs
- Tainted offshore projects cause drop in Boskalis' 1H2019 EBITDA to €135.7 million
Brevik Fergeselskap orders electric ferry from Holland Shipyards
in Ro-Pax World
SCDF commissions new firefighting vessel
- UAL launches Europe-Nigeria cargo service
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Philippines to order two more warships from South Korean builder
- DPIRD conducts Gascoyne pink snapper fishery protection patrols
- US firm approves NOK 2.3 billion loan for new wind farm for O&G platforms
- Death toll in Bay of Bengal vessel fire climbs to three
- Team RB-M consortium delivers response boat pair for Jordanian navy