Polarcus has confirmed that the survey vessel originally named Polarcus Selma will continue to operate with Sovcomflot under a bareboat charter extended by two years.
The vessel, which currently sails as Vyacheslav Tikhonov, will be used a source vessel for a wide-azimuth project in the Americas expected to continue into the fourth quarter of 2019.
Sovcomflot has withdrawn its notice of redelivery and has instead exercised an option to extend the vessel's bareboat charter. Further options are still available.
Russia bans Norwegian cruise ship from sailing through Arctic waters
- Builder's trials begin for Russia's new Project 636.3 sub
- Neptune Marine delivers ice-class multi-purpose tug to Beluga Projects Logistic
- Research ship Akademik Alexandrov begins acceptance trials
USC to build two more nuclear-powered icebreakers
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Philippines to order two more warships from South Korean builder
- DPIRD conducts Gascoyne pink snapper fishery protection patrols
- US firm approves NOK 2.3 billion loan for new wind farm for O&G platforms
- Death toll in Bay of Bengal vessel fire climbs to three
- Team RB-M consortium delivers response boat pair for Jordanian navy