The US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) Seattle District is set to begin maintenance dredging in the outer harbour of Grays Harbor in southwest Washington State on Thursday, June 6.
The deep-draught ocean-going hopper dredger Essayons is scheduled to arrive at 19:00 local time on Thursday and will dredge through approximately June 18.
Dredging will occur in the federal channel in shoaled areas of the Entrance and Point Chehalis reaches between Westport and Ocean Shores. The goal is to dredge approximately 230,000 cubic metres and place the dredged material in the Point Chehalis disposal site.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Two more charged in deadly Missouri duck boat sinking
- Onezhsky Shipbuilding launches Project 3265 buoy tender
- Mermaid Maritime secures US$65 million loan facility for financing of DSV pair
- Apache North Sea awards second contract extension for Esvagt Observer
- Alaska's largest ferry to be taken out of service