Damen Shipyards Group has delivered a 1,293kW cutter suction dredger (CSD) and a 15-metre multi-purpose workboat to Maritime Constructions of Port Adelaide, Australia.
The two vessels are presently deployed on a port extension project in Onslow, Western Australia, under a capital dredging works contract awarded to Maritime Constructions.
Both vessels were available in stock and shipped from Damen Shipyards Chiangde, China, to Dampier. These were then transported by road to Onslow for assembly and immediate deployment.
The CSD has been named Pilbara Sawfish after a local endangered species. It has since dredged 700,000 cubic metres of an abrasive mix of coarse sand, shell, cobbles, and gravel under the Onslow Marine Support Base Channel Dredging project.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Philippines to order two more warships from South Korean builder
- DPIRD conducts Gascoyne pink snapper fishery protection patrols
- US firm approves NOK 2.3 billion loan for new wind farm for O&G platforms
- Death toll in Bay of Bengal vessel fire climbs to three
- Team RB-M consortium delivers response boat pair for Jordanian navy