Polarcus is set to conduct a new 3D seismic acquisition programme over the Paddavissie Fairway on Block 11B/12B offshore South Africa for Vancouver-based Africa Energy.
The programme follows Total’s recent discovery of gas condensate deposits in the Brulpadda prospect, which is located on Block 11B/12B in the Outeniqua Basin 175 kilometres off the southern coast of South Africa. The block covers an area of 19,000 square kilometres with water depths ranging from 200 to 1,800 metres.
The Block 11B/12B joint venture partners have contracted the vessel Polarcus Asima to carry out the survey work.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Pakistani sailors rescued from burning tanker anchored off Lagos
- Svitzer Australia christens newest tug
- Damen, Van Wijngaarden sign workboat contract
- Austal delivers fourth Guardian-class patrol boat to Australian Department of Defence
- Neptune Marine delivers ice-class multi-purpose tug to Beluga Projects Logistic