Qatar’s Ministry of Transport and Communications (MOTC) has begun dredging works in Doha Port to improve its capacity to accommodate large cruise ships.
The project is being implemented as part of the Qatar National Tourism Sector Strategy 2018-2023 in anticipation of an increase in the number of tourists visiting the country, particularly during the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
The MOTC earlier awarded a dredging and expansion contract to a consortium that includes Jan De Nul and DEME subsidiary Middle East Dredging Company (MEDCO).
An estimated 3.5 million cubic metres of material will be dredged in the port’s approach channel.
- Jan De Nul launches fourth ultra-low emission vessel
- Qatar Petroleum awards contracts for eight drilling rigs for North Field Expansion Project
- Jan De Nul takes delivery of WID Giovanni Venturi
- Qatar Petroleum initiates shipbuilding programme for more than 100 new LNG carriers
- McDermott awarded EPCI contract by Qatargas