The US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) has allocated US$7.95 million for dredging projects to commence in 2019 at the Port of Redwood City in California.
The dredging works will ensure that the port will be able to accommodate larger cargo vessels in anticipation of a projected increase in freight traffic in the coming years.
The Port of Redwood City is the only deep-water port in South San Francisco Bay, with a channel depth of nine metres mean lower low water (MLLW), offering three deep-water berths and five wharves to support international foreign trade and maritime activities of the Silicon Valley region and the US West Coast.
- PSV delivered to Seacor and COSCO joint venture
- Heerema to provide T&I services for largest offshore wind farm in US
- Höegh LNG executes 18-month interim time charter with Cheniere
- COLUMN | McDermott International acquisition “spent $16 million on hookers” in Colombian corruption claim [Offshore Accounts]
- Drug-running submersible seized following high-speed chase