The Dredging Corporation of India (DCI) has been awarded a US$13.9 million contract to conduct maintenance dredging works at the Cochin port for the year 2017-18.
The Visakhapatnam-based dredging contractor has been carrying out the maintenance dredging at the port since 2011-12.
The Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) announced DCI was the lowest bidder in the Cochin Port Trust 2017-18 tender. It said two dredgers would be used for the dredging operations.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- VESSEL REVIEW | Raju – Estonia’s new pollution-combating hybrid patrol ship
- VESSEL REVIEW | Kingston – Versatile Damen CSD for South Australian council
- VESSEL REVIEW | Bona Fide – Shrimps beware
- VESSEL REVIEW | 455298 – High-spec police landing craft for remote Australia
- VESSEL REVIEW | Anse Bleue and Cap Salomon – France looks east to serve west