The Dredging Corporation of India (DCI) has been awarded a US$13.9 million contract to conduct maintenance dredging works at the Cochin port for the year 2017-18.
The Visakhapatnam-based dredging contractor has been carrying out the maintenance dredging at the port since 2011-12.
The Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) announced DCI was the lowest bidder in the Cochin Port Trust 2017-18 tender. It said two dredgers would be used for the dredging operations.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Okskaya Sudoverf lays keel of fourth Project RSD32M dry cargo carrier
- General Dynamics Electric Boat awarded US$481 million for continued development of US Navy's next ballistic-missile submarine
- New icebreaker for Australia floated out at Damen Shipyards Galati
- Oren Shipbuilding delivers four survey boats to Dubai
- Parkol Marine Engineering launches 20m scalloper for Isle of Islay