The US Department of Transportation's Maritime Administration (MARAD) has awarded US$9.8 million to 18 small US shipyards through its Small Shipyard Grant Program.
Since 2008, MARAD’s Small Shipyard Grant Program has awarded $174 million to 169 small shipyards, helping them to modernise operations, improve efficiency and boost productivity with employee training and new technologies.
Recipients include Vigor Alaska, Blount Boats, Philly Shipyard, Gulf Islands Shipyard and Dakota Creek Industries. The grants include money for cranes and boat lifts, fabrication equipment, as well as other equipment and services.
- Electric Boat awarded US$346 million contract for Virginia-class submarine work
- McDermott and BHGE selected as development partners for Equus gas project
COLUMN | Broken ice, broken dreams [Offshore Accounts]
NTSB report reveals insufficient maintenance and lack of guidance led to fatal ferry fire
- Seaway Offshore Cables awarded US offshore wind contract
Latest from Baird Maritime
- VESSEL REVIEW | Raju – Estonia’s new pollution-combating hybrid patrol ship
- VESSEL REVIEW | Kingston – Versatile Damen CSD for South Australian council
- VESSEL REVIEW | Bona Fide – Shrimps beware
- VESSEL REVIEW | 455298 – High-spec police landing craft for remote Australia
- VESSEL REVIEW | Anse Bleue and Cap Salomon – France looks east to serve west