Fincantieri reported an income of €2,527 million for the first half of 2018, a 10 per cent increase over the same period last year.
Fincantieri's CEO attributed the company’s increasing revenues, profits and margins to its “ability to acquire new orders”.
The company saw a seven per cent increase in profits from its shipbuilding sector and a 25.9 per cent increase to its offshore sector, from €448 million to €564 million.
At June 30, 2018 the Fincantieri’s order portfolio consisted of 99 ships, which increased to 109 with the orders acquired during the month of July.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- VESSEL REVIEW | John Duigan – King Island’s new purpose-built landing craft
- Philippine Coast Guard commissions first two 24m patrol boats
- VESSEL REVIEW | Cap de Fer – Vittoria Shipyard returns to tug building
- CMA CGM containership crashes into dock near Mumbai
- Karstensens delivers pelagic trawler to Irish owner